3 Ways to Use Hemp Oil for Skin
By: Ariana Palmieri
Did you know hemp oil is an effective moisturizer? That's because the fat, or lipids, in hemp oil are similar to those found on the skin. Hemp oil protects the skin, bringing revitalization to dry, dehydrated skin. Here are 3 ways to use hemp oil in your skin care routine.
Cleanse your face
Hemp oil can be used as a makeup remover. If you don't wear makeup, it can still be used to cleanse your face of any impurities it may have accumulated throughout the day. Dirt and environmental pollution can certainly clog your pores, so cleansing daily is a good idea. Aim for cleansing your face at least once every day, preferably at night before sleep.
Here's how to cleanse your face using hemp oil:
- Using clean, just washed hands, light massage about a teaspoon of oil into your face.
- Soak a washcloth in hot water, wring it out, then lay it over your face for a minute.
- When the time is up, wipe off all the oil (and makeup, if you're wearing any) off your face using the washcloth.
Moisturize your skin
Hemp oil is both a moisturizer and a hydrator. This means it keeps moisture from evaporating while actually adding more moisture to your skin. Since hemp oil can do both, it's practically a gold mine for your skin, keeping it soft, smooth and healthy effortlessly.
Here's how to use hemp oil to moisturize your skin:
- Wet your face with warm water, then pour a small amount of hemp oil into your palm.
- Rub it between your hands and apply it all over your face. If your skin still feels dry or tight afterwards, feel free to use more.
Hemp oil will help alleviate redness and inflammation of acne thanks to anti-inflammatory properties. It's also loaded with vitamin E, vitamin A, and antioxidants so it promotes healing of the skin. If used daily, it can definitely help eliminate acne by keeping the skin moisturized, healthy and clear. It absorbs very quickly and will actually help balance the skin's oil production (instead of making it worse) so it's fine to use on oily skin.
Here's how to use hemp oil to get rid of acne:
- After cleansing your face, apply hemp oil directly to areas of the skin affected by acne. Don't remove it or wipe it off, just let it absorb into the skin. Preferably, apply this at night so it has time to soak into your skin overnight.
Ariana Palmieri is a green beauty blogger who strives to live as eco-friendly as possible. In July 2015 she started her blog, Greenify-Me, to document her own journey with sustainable products and makeup that would benefit the environment. In her spare time she loves to read wellness-related books, devour sushi, drink bubble tea with her boyfriend, and befriend stray cats.