Honey Energy Bar Recipe
By: Ariana Palmieri
This honey energy bar recipe is great for breakfast on the go, or a quick snack. It's fairly easy to make and is low in calories. Here's how to make it using our delicious Beezy Beez raw honey (harvested from New York and New Jersey).
- 1 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped dried fruit (apricots, blueberry or cranberries work well)
- ¼ cup of creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup of Beezy Beez raw honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Spread the oats, flaxseeds, almonds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds on a large baking sheet. Bake until the oats are lightly toasted and the nuts are fragrant. Shake the pan halfway through, about 10 minutes in, then transfer to a large bowl. Now's the time to add the dried fruit of your choice and the raisins. Mix and toss to combine well.
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond butter, vanilla, salt and Beezy Beez raw honey. Heat it together over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until the mixture starts to bubble a bit. This should take 2 to 5 minutes to happen.
- Add the honey mixture to the bowl and mix to combine really well. Make sure no dry spots remain, then transfer to a pan. Coat your hands with some cooking spray and press the mixture down to make an even layer. Be careful not to burn your hands: You might want to wait until the mixture cools a bit, if necessary. Once you've made an even layer on the pan, refrigerate until firm, which should take about 30 minutes, then cut into 8 bars. Enjoy!
Ariana Palmieri is a green beauty blogger who strives to live as eco-friendly as possible. In July 2015 she started her blog, Greenify-Me, to document her own journey with sustainable products and makeup that would benefit the environment. In her spare time she loves to read wellness-related books, devour sushi, drink bubble tea with her boyfriend, and befriend stray cats.